A A A
Rhodiola: Eliminates fatigue and fights mood swings!
• Stimulates the nervous system and aids sufferers of depression and irregular mood swings
• Useful in eliminating fatigue and enhancing general work performance
• Excellent in the treatment of male sexual dysfunction
• Increases poor appetite and can aid sufferers of hypertension and high altitude sickness
• Beneficial to athletes and body builders
What is Rhodiola?
Rhodiola rosea is a plant that is native to the mountainous regions of Europe, Asia and the Arctic region. Also called the "golden root", rhodiola rosea is mainly found growing at high altitudes in Asia and Europe. It has been a staple in the diets of many Eastern European and Scandinavian countries for centuries. Only recently have we, in the West, become aware of the amazing properties of Rhodiola.
Why should you take Rhodiola?
Russian researchers have found that rhodiola rosea has adaptogenic properties. Adaptogens are substances found naturally in plants such as rhodiola rosea and found to increase the body's overall resistance ability, while stabilising body functions. Minimal side effects are one of the benefits of rhodiola rosea's adaptogen properties.
• Resistance to stress: Adaptogens increase the ability to use cell fuel efficiently, and enhance general performance. Research shows that rhodiola rosea has the ability to increase resistance to a variety of chemical, biological, and physical stressors.
Rhodiola rosea contains adaptogens, which help the system adapt to stressful situations. By taking a dose of adaptogens such as rhodiola rosea when a stressful situation arises, the stress is handled by the system in a healthy and resourceful way.
• Recovery: Rhodiola rosea has proven popular with athletes because of its ability to shorten the recovery period after a long workout, a benefit of rhodiola rosea. Because of rhodiola rosea's adaptogenic ability the system stress occurring during intense physical training is efficiently managed and balanced.
The adaptogenic benefits of rhodiola rosea can also be seen in rhodiola rosea's ability to increase the levels of beta-endorphin in blood plasma, thus rhodiola rosea aids with the prevention of stress induced hormonal changes. While taking rhodiola rosea extract athletes notice a general improvement in performance and fitness.
• Memory and Concentration: Rhodiola rosea is also able to improve the memory and concentration functions when used consistently. Rhodiola rosea extract, when tested on a group of students under exam stress conditions, showed positive results. Significant improvements were shown in the areas of physical fitness and psychomotor ability. Study subjects taking rhodiola rosea also demonstrated an improvement in mental performance, and general well being. Rhodiola rosea was proven to regulate sleep patterns, lessen sleep cravings and also reduced mental fatigue and anxiety. A greater mood stability and increased motivation while taking rhodiola rosea extract was also noted. Rhodiola rosea users showed improved concentration levels. The students' motivation levels also rose dramatically.
• Heart Health: Other studies on rhodiola rosea show that rhodiola rosea offers cardio protective benefits. Rhodiola rosea is being researched for its apparent ability to moderate stress-induced damage and dysfunction in cardiovascular tissue. Rhodiola rosea shows promise in aiding patients with a high risk of cardiovascular disease.
Overall, many more benefits of rhodiola rosea are being discovered as research on this ancient rhodiola rosea plant continues.
Are there any side effects or contraindications associated with Rhodiola?
• Rhodiola rosea extract is thought to be quite safe. No side effects or interactions have been reported.
• Rhodiola should be taken early in the day so as to not interfere with sleep during the first few weeks.
• Because Rhodiola has an activating antidepressant effect, it should not be used in individuals with bipolar disorder who are vulnerable to becoming manic when given antidepressants or stimulants.
• Don't take rhodiola during pregnancy or while breast-feeding. There is no information available about the safety of rhodiola in pregnancy or lactation.
A A A
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
• Rhodiola rosea (root) 300mg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, rice flour, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Net Weight: 12.2g
A A A
Take one (1) capsule daily.
Warning: If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the safety seal on the bottle is broken.