A A A
• Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
• Not intended fro immediate relief of heartburn
• This drug may take up to 1 to 4 days for full effect
• Keep Heartburn from coming back
Omeprazole is strong enough to fight heartburn before it begins and is proven to block heartburn for 24 hours. That means with 1 pill a day for 14 days, you get the relief you need from the pain of frequent heartburn. And while taking Omeprazole, heartburn won’t keep coming back.
How Heartburn Feels
When you have heartburn symptoms, you are feeling excess acid in the stomach refluxing, or flowing up, into your esophagus. Heartburn symptoms usually occur up to a few hours after eating, and often include:
• The feeling of food “sticking” in your chest or throat
• A burning sensation or sharp pain in the chest just behind the breastbone
• An acidic taste in the back of the throat
• Difficulty swallowing
• Burning in the throat
How does Omeprazole work?
When you eat, millions of tiny pumps in your stomach lining create acid to break down food. Normally your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) works as a door, opening and closing to let food pass from your esophagus into your stomach.
When your LES relaxes, excess acids flow up, or reflux, into your esophagus. This creates the painful sensation of heartburn. Omeprazole works by directly blocking many of the active stomach pumps that produce acid before they start. With fewer active pumps, your stomach produces enough acid to break down food, but prevents excess acid that causes the pain of heartburn.
A A A
Servings Per Container:
Amount Per Serving:
(in each tablet):
• Omeprazole delayed-release tablet 20 mg. Purpose: Acid Reducer
Carnauba Wax, Ferric Oxide Red, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Hypromellose, Hypromellose Acetate Succinate, Lactose Monohydrate, Monoethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Triethyl Citrate.
A A A
• Adults 18 years of age and older:
• This product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
• It may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
• Swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
• Take every day for 14 days
• Do not take more than 1 tablet a day
• Do not chew or crush the tablets
• Do not crush tablets in food
• Do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
• You may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
• Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor