A A A
Organic Psyllium: Lowers cholesterol levels and promotes toxin elimination
• An essential part of any detoxifying program
• Supports healthy blood sugar balance
• A rich source of water-soluble fibre that supports normal bowel function
• Effective in lowering total cholesterol and LDL ("bad cholesterol") levels
What is Organic Psyllium and where does it come from?
Psyllium husks come from the crushed seeds of the Plantago ovata plant, an herb native to parts of Asia, Mediterranean regions of Europe, and North Africa. The psyllium seed husks have been used in herbal remedies and are similar to oats and wheat.
Psyllium husks are pure dietary fibre, composed mostly of hemicellulose. Daily consumption of fibre can offer many health benefits and plays a crucial role in promoting the health of the colon. Fibre provides bulk, eases passage and helps to speed transit time through the digestive tract. It also aids in glucose absorption and may promote healthy cholesterol levels. Experts in the field of health and nutrition agree that adults should consume 25 to 30 grams of dietary fibre every day to maintain good health.
Why should you take Organic Psyllium?
• Detoxifying properties: The jellylike mucilage produced when psyllium is soaked in water has the ability to absorb toxins within the large bowel. Psyllium is commonly taken to reduce autotoxicity (the toxins are expelled from the body with the husks and seeds).
• Colon Health: Several studies found that psyllium seeds relieved constipation when due to lifestyle factors (e.g., inadequate fibre, sedentary lifestyle). The fibre contained in Psyllium Husks are not digested in the small intestine, but are partially broken down in the colon, where they act as a food source for friendly flora. Traditionally, psyllium husk has been used as a gentle laxative for constipation, by acting as a sponge in the intestinal tract, swelling as it absorbs water and waste material in the bowels. This forms a soft, bulky mass that passes through the colon more quickly and evacuates more smoothly and easily.
• Digestive Ailments: The soothing, protective effect imparted by the mucilage-rich husks and seeds benefits the whole gastrointestinal tract. Psyllium is taken for stomach and duodenal ulcers, and for acid indigestion.
• Cholesterol: The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved psyllium to reduce cardiovascular disease risk with recent studies confirming risk reduction. The question of how psyllium works to reduce cholesterol is still under investigation, but the authors propose that psyllium increase bile acid excretion and secondarily increase the excretion of cholesterol from the liver.
Are there any side effects?
There are no side effects associated with Psyllium.
A A A
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons (12g)
Servings Per Container: 28
Typical Amount Per Serving
• Calories 40
• Total Carbohydrate 10g
• Dietary Fiber 10g
• Soluble Fiber 8g
• Insoluble Fiber 2g
• Sodium (from organic psyllium husk) 15mg
• Organic Psyllium Whole Husk (Plantago ovata) 12g
A A A
Mix 1-2 tablespoons with at least (6-8 oz) 240ml of water or juice. Consume immediately. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking.
Warning: If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place. Tamper Evident, use only if seal is intact. This product is not intended for weight reduction or as a meal replacement.
Notice: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swollowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention. Keep out of reach of children.